Friday, October 7, 2011

Procrastination

Right now I'm supposed to be completing an accounting test. But that sounds about as appealing as cleaning did in my last post, so we're going to pretend it doesn't exist for a bit longer. Thank you for your cooperation.

I recently discovered The Pioneer Woman's blog, and have since been pouring over every single entry. I've got a ways to go yet, seeing as how she started it in 2006! However...the woman is hilarious. I don't think I could possibly ever get tired of reading about her family and their adventures on the ranch. And she's living my life. I'm sure of it. I mean, who wouldn't want a gorgeous home on a working cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere with four adorable children and two super cute bassett hounds?? Ok, so my version would involve five children and several enormous mastiffs, but the rest?? Totally my dream.

Yes please!!!



Lunch the last two days has been wonderful. I got to spend time some one-on-one time with two good friends. Yesterday J and I went for margaritas and yummy nachos at Cheddar's. That place is growing on me. It was really good to see him after so long...we haven't had much time together at all lately.


Mmmmmm, orange chicken!!

Today K and I took a walk down memory lane and hit up Panda Express so we could relive our weekly lunch dates in the K-State Union. It was so good to catch up with her and get to chat with someone who's known me for such a long time. She and I were a part of a group of about eight girls who went all through middle and high school as close friends. There's something special about a friend you've known for so long that you don't have to explain anything. They know your history, and just know...you. It's a very unique experience to be able to go months without talking to an old friend, and yet you can still pick back up like it was only yesterday. Twelve+ years with these girls, and we still have an absolute blast every time we get together! I just might have to make that happen more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment