Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What a Weekend

We learn new things every day. Right?

Saturday I learned several new things when I took my cousin and her friends to a concert at the Granada in Lawrence.

1. Apparently at 17, I was not a normal teenage girl. Neither were any of my friends!


-These- are normal teenage girls. Teenage girls who are obsessed--and I do mean OBSESSED--with The Maine and Taking Back Sunday. Teenage girls who will wait in line for four (count 'em--four) hours to make sure they're in the very front row to see said bands. Teenage girls who will then spend the next 24 hours recounting every. single. moment. of said concert. About 4,273 times. To this day, I cannot name a single concert for which I would stand in line so long. Good thing I love my girls!

2. I do NOT like Taking Back Sunday.


Who decided playing instruments as loud as humanly possible and literally screaming into the microphone ad nauseum could be defined as music??

I really want to know. He/she and I need to have a very serious chat. I'm pretty sure it was a man. Just sayin'.

Because it's not. Music, that is. Trust me.

3. I hate mosh pits even more than Taking Back Sunday. Hate hate hate them!!!!!!!!!


Who in their right mind thinks this looks fun? No thank you.

I literally had to remove myself as guardian of the three underage girls because I was about to punch a not-so-underage boy for his atrocious manners. And then get his mother's phone number and ask her what in the world went so wrong. Because I want to avoid with my own children whatever mistake she made that caused her grown son to behave so rudely! But I digress.

4. As much as I complain, a weekend with 16- and 17-year-old girls is a lot of fun. I want to do it again. Tomorrow.


The gorgeous girlie on the left is my cousin E. In the middle is her friend S, and A is on the right. Sylas & Maddy's is an amazing local ice cream shop right next to the Granada, and the girls obviously had to run over for a treat while in the neverending line for the concert.

5. Introducing people to Lawrence's food, shops, and the KU campus is probably on my list of top 20 things to do. Pepperjax is just heaven, and Pizza Shuttle at midnight?? A must! I can't wait for this girl to be 18--or better yet, 21--so I can introduce her to the really fun parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment