Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Night at the State Fair

During our adventures, Kristin and I spent one night at the South Carolina State Fair. I missed the fair in Kansas this year, and it's one of my favorite things, so I was really excited about it! We were both tired, cranky, and didn't feel that great, but Kristin struggled through it for me. (Thank you!!) I think we both ended up having fun, though!





I've seen a lot of different fried foods at the fair, but never Kool Aid! We were intrigued, so we found someone who'd bought it and they kindly let us take a picture! They said it tastes like red velvet cake...maybe someday I'll have the courage to try it.



This is one of our new friends, Karen. Our other new friend, Ben, was one of her keepers...he tried to get me to ride Karen, too, but I've ridden an elephant before and didn't feel I needed to have that particular experience again! So glad Kristin enjoyed it, though, and I got to pet Karen for a little while, which was pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment