Friday, September 16, 2011

Just call me the crafting queen!

So crafting is another of my new obsessions. I've been needing a lamp for the table next to my bed, because I was tired of getting all comfy in bed with my book and then having to get -back- up to turn off the light. (Yeah, I'm that lazy. Particularly once I get all settled!) I couldn't talk myself into spending much money on it though. So I was at Goodwill, looking for craft ideas for Christmas, when I found this:
My UGLY Goodwill find--only $2.99 though!

Fortunately for me, I'd been clicking my life away on Pinterest the night before and found a picture of an upcycled, ugly old lamp. (If you haven't checked out pinterest already, you -really- need to do so. Now. Go now. I'll wait.) So I saw this and...lightbulb! I thought, "I could totally redo that and make it cute again!"

Next stop was WalMart for trim to cover the shade (Don't judge. I was in El Dorado...my resources were limited.) I was super stoked to find this awesome pink trim for $5!!

So that, my nasty lamp, spray paint Dad already had around his house, and some fabric glue later, I got this...and for just $8!!


Ok, so I got a little carried away with the spray paint and have some spots where it ran. Totally fixable though! I just cheated them toward the wall for now. The table underneath isn't my favorite...it's one of the next things on my "To-Do" list though. Seems like that thing is always growing...anyone else have that problem??

No comments:

Post a Comment