Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tanganyika

All year, the kindergartners worked really hard to collect aluminum cans. Then they (well, one of the parents) took them to the recycling place to make money for their spring field trip. They raised over $600!! Their reward? A trip to Tanganyika! I'd never been, and I'm so glad I got the chance to go--for free made it even better!


The penguins were really cute, and so close! You literally could have reached over the wall and touched them (I didn't, of course. That would be a bad example for the kids. Or maybe I just couldn't find a moment when they weren't looking!).



The lemurs were, by far, my favorite thing. We got to go in with them, and they crawled all over us. So cute and soft!



My other favorite thing was the birds. I don't remember what they were called, but they were really neat. You walked into the enclosure with them, held out a cup of nectar, and they landed on you to eat.

Tanganyika was a totally unique experience. I've always enjoyed the zoo, but being able to interact with the animals was even more fun! I definitely recommend it as something to try at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment