Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

My grandpa turned 85 this year. You'd never know the man is approaching 90--still lives on his own, has virtually zero health problems (unless you count refusing to turn on his hearing aid!), and just recently stopped driving at night. This man is one of the best role models in my life. We wanted to celebrate this milestone in his life, and so got together as a family for the first time in over a year. It was really good to see some family I literally hadn't seen in years.
I was thrilled to finally meet little Ellie after almost a year! Can you tell who Daddy wants her to root for?!?

Grandpa with the great-grandkids. Ellie was such a good sport, and Jackson wanted nothing to do with the whole business.

Big brother Carson holding Jackson. These are my cousin's kids, and the last time I saw Carson he was not much bigger than Jackson. Now he's almost as tall as me! Such a sweet kid.

Needless to say, it was really great to spend some time with extended family I don't often see. Grandpa showed us pictures and school records from when he was very young, along with the family Bible, which was really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment