Monday, December 19, 2011

Flashbacks

Two weeks ago my cousin and I went to visit my great-uncle. We spent an entire Sunday afternoon listening to him tell stories and going through old pictures of my grandma and her siblings. We got to video-tape it as well. It was absolutely amazing! I can't believe so many of her brothers and sisters are gone, and none of their stories are recorded. John let me take home any pictures I wanted, which I couldn't believe. I tried not to be too greedy, but here are a couple of them:

My grandma & her sister--Aug. 29, 1954
This is so out of character for the Grandma I knew--makes me wish I'd had a chance to learn more about her life directly from her.

 And this...is my dad when he was in 8th grade. Looked ornery even back then!


It was such a good day, and I really feel like I need at least a month off to just visit with all of the older people in my family and get all their stories and pictures immortalized. Someone make that happen, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment